Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Year My Sister Got Lucky- Aimee Friedman

The Year My Sister Got Lucky was a fantastic book. I loved every chapter of the novel. I like the book with how the main characters were in a similar age group and how they use language in a way that was fun to read(if you know what I mean). Also I understood what the narrator’s thoughts and feelings were and how the narrator gave very detailed descriptions.

When fourteen year old Katie and her older sister, Michaela, move from New York City to upstate New York, Katie is horrified by the country lifestyle. Although she is even more shocked when her sister adapts effortlessly, enjoying their new life, unlike Katie. When Michaela hides a large secret from Katie she doesn’t know if she wants to know her sister anymore!

If they make a sequel in the series I would like the author to include how Katie deals with the change of her sister not being there for her. Also, how Michaela is coping with her new way of life does she like it? does she realize how Katie feels and if so how does she respond to it?

No comments:

*Cherry's*

What's my favorite color?

What's my favorite animal?